Since 2012 Councils have had powers to suspend an alcohol, entertainment or late night refreshment licences (or club certificates) for non-payment of annual fees. You should ensure that you pay your annual fee promptly to avoid jeopardising your licensed business.

In times of increasingly dwindling funds for local authorities you can be assured they are going to be pursuing any outstanding payment more vigorously. Importantly you should be aware that even if you are no longer trading, or have relocated, until you formally surrender or transfer your licence you will remain liable for licence fees accruing.

Contact us for assistance or to arrange for us to deal with your fees via our retainer scheme.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.